Below is an example of our pawn contract. At Gold House, we are proud to be open and transparent about our practices, policies and pawn interest rates. This contract is guided by the rights and obligations as set out in the Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 2004.
Should you have any questions with how to pawn, please contact us and our friendly and experienced staff will assist you.
GOLD HOUSE (WWW.GOLDHOUSE.CO.NZ)
ALL PLEDGES KEPT FOR 3 MONTHS
THIS IS YOUR PLEDGE TICKET. KEEP IT SAFE
We accept payments by Cash, PayPal, bank transfer or EFTPOS only.
Goods cannot be redeemed without suitable ID or this ticket
You are entering into a Pawn agreement. This means that you hand us your goods as a pledge and we provide you with money. You do not have to pay back any money unless you want your goods back.
IF YOUR GOODS ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU AND YOU THINK THAT YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO PAY TO GET THEM BACK, YOU MUST NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO PAWNED GOODS ARE SET OUT IN THE SECONDHAND DEALERS AND PAWNBROKERS ACT 2004 (the Act”)
- You (“the Pledger”) are pledging the pawned goods to the Pawnbroker. This means that the Pawnbroker holds the pawned goods and has rights in them. You have the right to get the goods back but only if you pay the redemption fee for the goods on or before the redemption date.
- You do not have to pay us money at all, unless you want your pawned goods back.
- To redeem your pawned goods, you must come in and pay us the redemption amount set out in the table on the reverse of this ticket. The redemption amount increases each month we hold the pawned goods, to cover our costs.
- If you want us to extend the final redemption date, you must come in and pay us 1 month fees that are shown to extend the contract to a new redemption date, but you must do this before the current redemption date.
- If we sell the pawned goods and get more than $10 over the redemption price, you will be entitled to be paid 90% of that extra amount. We will use the latest contact details you have given us, to contact you in writing. It is in your interest to tell us if your contact details change. You must claim that money within 6 months. We may pay you via online banking. The bank account must be in the same name as the original pledger. If you do not contact us, or we cannot contact you using your latest address, under the Act you will lose the rights to that money after 6 months.
- You have the right to see the pawned goods while we hold them. You can see them but not touch them. If you want to check that your goods are still working, our staff can check that for you. Please contact us 2 days before you want to see the pawned goods if you have asked us to put them in offsite storage.
- Take care of this pledge ticket.Under the Act, we are able to give the pawned goods to any person who holds this ticket, unless we have proof that they are not entitled to it. If you lose the ticket we can give you a copy but you must first show us suitable photographic identity documentation such as a passport or drivers licence.
- You can choose to sell the pawned goods to us after you have pawned them. We must pay you more than the redemption price if we agree to buy the pawned goods. If you decide to do this, please let us know as you must come in to collect the money in cash.
- We will take care to store the pawned goods, but we do not insure them. We are not responsible for Police seizure of the goods, or loss or damage for reasons outside of our control, including fire, water damage or burglary.
- All advances under $30 incur a $10 charge for the first month.
- If you do not redeem the pawned goods by the redemption date, we can sell the goods at a public or internet auction. ………………… (initial)
- 24 Hour Pledge: If you wish to redeem your pawned goods under the 24 Hour Pledge, you must redeem them BEFORE the 24 hours are up (check store opening hours). If goods are not redeemed within 24 hours of the time noted on the ticket, the standard redemption rate will apply. ……………………….. (initial)
Henderson (2006) Ltd trading as Gold House are licensed Pawnbrokers under the Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 2004.
Gold House management reserves the right to change this pawn notice at it’s discretion and without notice. The above text is an example only and cannot be used to create a loan online, in our store or by any other format. Only licensed Pawnbrokers operating in a licensed Pawnbrokers can create loans.Enquire Now